trismatics

trismatics
yeah thats me

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A love story that breaks my heart every time I think about it

When I was little I discovered what love was from an early age. I had a crush almost throughout my first half of elementary school. It was a girl who I thought was cuter than cute; who I thought about often after I departed from that school. We'll call her Jaylene for this story. When I was five I was introduced to Jaylene as my mother knew her mother and we apparently went to the same kindergarten class. Looking at her I saw that she was for me the embodiment of beauty. I did what I could to get near her circle of friends, as a kid I remember playing with her a couple of times. When we were in a school musical for our class she was dressed as a Hawaiian hula dancer. I melted there. The next year for 1st grade we didn't have the same teacher but I still saw her and just remember seeing her and thinking she looked as beautiful as ever. I'd look at her if we were in an assembly. 2nd Grade came along and we were in the same grade we hung out more often during recess had the same group of friends it was pretty nice. Then I moved away and my mother had told me how she moved away as well. I never really heard from her again. I thought about her ever once in awhile and wondered what ever became of her. Jaylene was pretty much transplanted in my head in what perfection in a woman was. Life doesn't always give you what you want so there is no use in thinking about something that never was. Years later I'm driving and I get a call from my mom saying that if I remembered who Jaylene was? Of course my mother knew that I had the hugest crush it couldn't be more obvious. My mother told me she had also joined the Marine Corps I didn't know how to feel. I thought it was pretty nuts. My mother then told me about her when I was deployed in Iraq apparently she was too. I had seen her out there in Iraq years later and she looked amazing while I was just the same old schlub I've always been. She always had a natural beauty about her. I didn't talk to her or anything it was just crazy to find that she was out there. When I got back from Iraq I was talking to an acquaintance and he was telling me about a girl he had hooked up with. The girl sounded like a complete whore and he told me he had hooked up with her while they went to their school for traning. He told me her name, I laughed when I heard Jaylene's name. I could never have thought in a million years the very image of Jaylene was sullied by some idiot. Though I laughed the kid inside me felt heartbroken as here was this girl who I had lived my life for was ruined. It was pretty devastating I don't know why if this was a girl I hadn't talked to in ages or cared for. I thought of this because it's Valentines day sure it's about love but love is also bad.

I hope you enjoy your valentine's day and remember all the times you've been crushed so that you can appreciate future love.

No comments:

Post a Comment